- The registered trademark Yale® goes back to Linus Yale jr.
- 1868 – Linus Yale Jr. invents the cylinder lock and establishes together with Henry R. Towne a factory in Stamford / Connecticut for mass production.
- 1875 – Start of the production of manual hoists, the patent rights of the Weston-differential-hoist are secured.
- 1877 – Yale produces the first hand chain hoist with load pressure brake. The design principle of this brake is today used worldwide for almost all manual hoists.
- 1883 – the company Yale & Towne Manufacturing is founded.
- 1904 – Yale establishes its first sales offices in Germany, England and France.
- 1920 – Yale acquires the C.L. Hunt & Co., a well-known manufacturer of elektro-platform tables and presents the first electric forklift trucks with production facilities in Germany and England.
- 1927 – Concentration of production and sales in Velbert.
Takeover of the company Boge & Kasten, Solingen.
- 1936 – Velbert starts the production of hoist with the world famous Pullift. The robust and reliable device is sold until 1974 under the brand BKS. At the Velbert plant alone, over 1 million units of this type are manufactured.
- 1952 – Production start of stackers in Velbert.
- 1963 – Merger of Eaton Corporation with Yale & Towne Manufacturing.
- 1983 – Yale Industrial Products, Inc. is created in the USA by outsourcing the hoist sector
- 1985 – Yale Industrial Products Ltd. is founded in Telford, Great Britain, in Germany Yale Industrial Products GmbH, Velbert, is founded, which is expanded in the following years by various product areas.
- 1987 – Start in France through the Manutention Connection S.A.R.L., Vierzon.
- 1989 – Yale Industrial Products merges with Duff-Norton Company, Inc.
- 1992 – Establishment of the first production facility in China, Hangzhou LILA Lifting and Lashing Co. Ltd., Hangzhou.
- 1993 – Legal integration of the Manutention Connection.
Founding of Yale Industrial Products GmbH, Pfaffstätten, Austria.
- 1995 – Establishment of the second production site in China, Yale Industrial Products Ltd., Hangzhou.
- 1996 – Yale Industrial Products (Pty) Ltd. is founded in Durban, South Africa.
Yale is acquired by Columbus McKinnon Corp., Amherst.
- 1997 – Expansion of its presence in South Africa, Yale Lifting and Mining Product (Pty) Ltd, Magaliesburg, S.A.
Construction of Yale Industrial Products Asia Ltd, Hat Yai, Thailand. Yale Industrial Products Ltd., U.K. acquires Steerman Engineering Ltd., U.K.
- 1999 – Yale acquires Camlok Lifting Clamps Ltd., U.K.
Expansion of its presence in South Africa, Engineering Products Division, Johannesburg, South Africa.
- 2000 – Establishment of Yale Industrial Products B.V., Hendrik Ido Ambacht, Netherlands.
Yale Industrial Products Ltd., U.K. establishes a branch in Belfast, Ireland.
- 2001 – Founding of Yale Elévacion Ibérica S.L. with locations in Sevilla and A Coruña, Spain.
- 2002 – Manutention Connection S.A.R.L. is renamed in Yale Levage S.A.R.L., Vierzon, France.
- 2003 – Founding of Yale Industrial Products Kft., Szekésfehérvár, Hungary.
- 2006 – Merge of Yale Industrial Products Ltd., U.K. and Camlok Lifting Clamps Ltd., U.K., Renaming in Columbus McKinnon Corporation Ltd., U.K.
- 2007 – Establishment of Columbus McKinnon Italia S.r.l. in Legnano, Italy.
- 2008 – Name change of Yale Levage S.A.R.L., Vierzon in Columbus McKinnon France S.A.R.L., Vierzon. Aquisition of Pfaff-silberblau Hebezeugfabrik GmbH, Kissing, Germany.
Presentation of the new electric chainhoist model CPV
- 2010 – Establishment of Columbus McKinnon Russia LLC, St. Petersburg, Russia.
- 2011 – Change of name from Yale Industrial Products GmbH in Columbus McKinnon Industrial Products GmbH.
- 2012 – Founding of Columbus McKinnon Kaldırma Ekipmanları Sanayi ve Ticaret Limited Şirketi, Istanbul, Turkey as well as of Columbus McKinnon Industrial Products ME FZE, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- 2013 – New headquarter for Columbus McKinnon Industrial Products GmbH in Wuppertal.
- 2014 – Presentation of the new endless winch Mtrac with capacities of 100 and 300 kg,
Presentation of the electric chain hoist CPV 2-8 at the trade fair CeMat in Hannover.
- 2017 – Aquisition of STAHL CraneSystems GmbH
- 2019 – Launch of the new Yale.de website